View Single Post
(#14)
Old
Shape Game Champion

Send a message via MSN to ShivaLingam
Default 17-02-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Most of this is circumstantial.
In accordance to penal law circumstantial evidence tends to be considered less important, but since this is a civil matter it's customary to use circumstantial evidence in civil court to establish liability.
So even if it's merely circumstantial (but weird indeed) legally she could prove in a civil procedure that he is stalking her.

And do you think that this laws were made just that anybody could prove that someone is stalking them? I believe not, in this case there are all the legal extremes to press charges.

Quote:
I'd try talking to him and setting him straight, and if that doesn't work, then consider getting authorities involved
The fact is that the stalker tends to interpret everything as an advance.
e.g. he calls you, you answer and then he hangs up: to him this means that you were expecting his call.
So talking to him even if you tell him to stay away for him could be interpreted as a green light.

You may want to speak to him before pressing charges and/or calling the police, but go with a friend or two and meet him in a public place.

If you didn't think I'm an asshole at least once, it means I didn't make my point.

"One must rise by that by which one falls" - Hevajra Tantra

<<< I put this smile here just because I like it