View Single Post
(#8)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 02-11-2010, 09:06 AM

I'd echo what MB has said - I stopped going to PanGash about half way through my second year for the exact reason that my flatmates (all girls) started to feel uncomfortable in there, and there was a growing sense of unrest whenever we went (even on student nights). Definitely a place to avoid, as is Oceana on a Saturday night (every other night it's ok though).

I'd recommend Syndicate - the only trouble I've seen or heard of in here is a lad jumping over the railings around the dancefloor. People go to have a good time and there's rarely any trouble. Student nights are best - Saturday tends to attract douchebags who think paying £4 for a bottle of Smirnoff Ice makes them cool.

Thekla, as a night out, varies. It was always safe and had a good atmosphere on the many occasions that I went, but the music is a bit up and down. You tend to get a lot of shite local indie bands playing there, but there are also good dubstep/d+b nights too.

Other excellent (and often underrated) places to go are any of the bars on the Triangle (especially Illusions) or Whiteladies Road (last time I went, Alter Ego did BOGOF cocktails on a Wednesday night...I recommend the Beverley Hills Iced Tea), Elbow Rooms and Java (on a Friday night). Tell her to get herself to Lizard Lounge - cheesy music, cheap drinks and a good atmosphere. Any trouble is rare and caused by posh public school boys in search of "banter" so it's nothing to worry about.

It's just advice, fellas. Do whatever the FUCK you wanna do

Last edited by Blanca; 02-11-2010 at 09:12 AM.